FunCorp develops entertaining UGC apps that are used daily by tens of millions of people around the world. We actively expand our products and launch new ones using a data-driven approach, machine learning, modern technologies, tools, and SDK. No legacy, technical debt, and bureaucracy.
We value teamwork and are now looking for someone to join our iOS team to help develop apps, improve and create new user experiences.
About the product
iFunny is FunCorp’s flagship product. A social networking app for fans of memes, popular in the U.S., Brazil, and beyond. It competes with TikTok and others for users’ attention thanks to:
- A recommendation system and a personal content feed. We have a lot of data, experiments, we continue to implement ML and improve the algorithms that select memes. Kafka, Clickhouse, Airflow, Kubernetes, Kotlin are helping us with this.
- A push notification system that helps effectively bring users back to the product. We can quickly filter millions of users according to complex business rules, automatically generate texts, crop and process images, and achieve high CTR with algorithms and targeting. We are planning to personalize and apply ML models in this part of the product.
Millions use our apps every month, and we strive to give them the best user experience. The development department has some of the most important tasks: ensuring instant downloads, overall optimization, working with the product, advertising, and more. Therefore, to solve problems we use a Data Driven approach, work a lot with product managers and strive to use the most up-to-date technologies, understanding the priority and impact of each new feature.
We develop in Swift and follow Gitflow methodology, conduct Code Review for each task. By participating in internal and external meetups and conferences, we seek to share knowledge and our own developments.
- Work on delivery: automation of releases verification and publication, optimization of analytics verification, CI improvement.
- Work on quality: development of the technical analytics system (battery consumption and temperature changes, CPU and RAM loads, application build and run times) and the system of assertions / crashes / zombies.
- Improving content loading: switching to HTTP3, migration from H.264 to HEVC, integrating HLS, experimenting with content caching.
- Improving the architecture of the app: modularization of the project — refactoring current modules into SPM packages, moving to SwiftUI.
What's to be done:
- Develop and improve our apps, develop new features and functionality, and track how the solutions you develop work in different countries and for different audiences, affecting millions of users.
- Launch technologically new services and apps around the world.
- Have three or more years of commercial iOS app development experience.
- Have a good knowledge of Swift.
- Follow OOP and SOLID the principles.
- Understand design patterns and modern architectural approaches and know their pros and cons.
- Experience working in a product company.
- Know and understand Apple Human Interface Guidelines.
It will be totally cool if you:
- Know Obj-C and maintained code in it.
- Understand the modular Approach to development or Framework development.
- Worked with CoreData.
- Worked with media content.
- Worked with WKWebView and / or advertising SDKs.
- Worked with A/B tests.
- Worked with Fastlane.
- Office in Limassol (Cyprus).
- Relocation package and visa support, opportunity to become an EU citizen.
- Health insurance after probation.
- Powerful and fast hardware, Apple devices.
- Child's birth and birthday bonuses.
- Monthly budget for team building and corporate events.
- Free breakfasts and lunches with a wide choice of dishes.