C1/C2 — Advanced / FluentC1/C2 — Advanced / Fluent
SG Cap Trading is a boutique technology company founded in 2004 that has found its place in the financial industry. At SG we are dedicated to producing robust technology to solve real world problems.
We are looking for an experienced Python engineer.
- Architect systems and custom packages with specific requirements within Python.
- Review code developed by other developers and provide feedback to ensure best practices.
- Contribute to the engineering team with process enhancements and workflow improvements.
- Mentor and train other team members on software engineering best practices and processes.
What we look for
- 5+ years of experience using Python / C++ / Java as a backend for scalable application development.
- Experience in design and architecture of modern scalable software projects.
- Database experience in MySQL or similar Relational Database systems.
- Ability to write and maintain custom Python packages.
- Deep understanding of the python data stack including, but not limited, to Pandas and Numpy.
- Experience developing software applications to a Linux environment.
- Experience with at least one of the Python web frameworks (Flask, Dash, Django).
- Experience with visualization software (Plotly, Matplotlib).
- Experience with the Atlassian suite, specifically Jira.
- Experience as the lead developer on a team.
- Experience with Big Data & Analytic solutions like Hadoop, streaming frameworks like Kafka, and Big.
- Data technologies like Hadoop, Apache Spark, and Apache Ignite.
What we offer
- Work Life Balance — no excessive overtime.
- 100% remote work.
- Education Reimbursement.
- Generous vacation package.
- Work with English-speaking team.
Erik Strom Chief Executive Officer