Exness was founded in 2008 and specializes in providing services for trading in the financial markets. They are Fin-tech company. In the past few years they have developed at an impressive rate, and is recognized today as top-5 largest brokers in the world.
Today are rapidly growing: 1000+ employees by more than 70 nationalities. Their culture allows each employee to be the best version of themselves, constantly increasing their expertise. Some of their key values are Ethics & integrity + Smart scientific approach by creating their own scientific and algorithmic-led product.
They are looking for a Data Warehouse Team Leader who will join their Data Platform in the Technology Department to be part of a 200+ engineers team who create cutting-edge solutions and always raise the bar.
This department is focusing on developing products in the trading market, creating solutions from the moment of registration of clients to the moment of withdrawal of funds. Their technologies include solutions that support customer journeys (Identity Management, Billing Management), trading interfaces (FIX, REST, WS, Algo), back-office interfaces (Personal Area, Payment Solutions, Back Office), centers of expertise (QA, DevOps, Security) and technology platforms (Orchestration, internal PaaS / SaaS) and much more.
What you will do
Team Leader is responsible for building scalable company-wide data warehouse solutions which support various business needs and requirements. You will implement cross-teams projects within Data Platform teams such as data catalog and data governance. Team Lead provides technical and team leadership through coaching and mentorship. As working in an agile environment, Team Lead is a part of a team, remaining an expert in his own professional area.
How you will do it
As a technical lead:
- Ensure the implementation and extension of several data warehousing solutions.
- Develop team solutions for supporting analytical activities in the company.
- Makes decisions in the choice of technologies in the team, makes an expert assessment of the selected tools.
- Analyzes and eliminates incidents, implements changes to prevent incidents in the future.
- Participates in the process of quarterly planning, setting goals for the team, analyzing relationships and dependencies to achieve goals.
- Participates in the process of assessing the achievement of team goals.
- Participates in the formation of reports: allocation of resources for projects, a report on the work performed by the team for a week/quarter, and others, if necessary.
- Together with the team, determines technical solutions for business problems (how exactly the business requirement for the data platform solutions will be technically implemented).
- Interacts with other team leaders of Technology teams, as well as system architects in order to identify the relationships between products and build an appropriate compatible architecture.
- Set up monitoring, define SLA’s, analyze metrics for data delivery and processing.
- Ensures that the developed data products meet the business requirements.
As a line manager:
- Lead team members to create high-quality data solutions within agreed deadlines according to the Data Platform Department policies and procedures, including hiring, development, performance review and feedback to the team members.
- Train and integrate new team members and proactively support the continued development of existing team members (together with Line manager, L&D manager and HRBP).
- Inspire and motivate team members by his/her own example.
- Set clear tasks and objectives to improve team and individual performance.
They want you to have this
- Database design with massively parallel processing appliances: Vertica, BigQuery, ClickHouse, PostgreSQL and similar.
- Expert structured query language (SQL) knowledge.
- Strong knowledge data warehouse architecture.
- Python skills associated with ETL and data processing.
- RDBMS database design in data warehousing context (SQL Server, Oracle, Postgres) and query optimization.
- Able to weight the benefits of developing solution vs purchasing a 3rd party service.
- Strong knowledge of modern cloud solutions is a plus.
- Experience with Big Data stack is a plus.
- Experience with Spark is a plus.
- Strong communication and problem-solving skills.
- Detail-oriented and passionate about data quality.
- Ability to work under pressure with strict deadlines.
- Ability to cascade duties and delegate responsibilities.
- Fluent Russian, strong verbal and written communication in English.
- Medical insurance for employees.
- Coworking expenses compensation.
- Get to know your Team” trip to Cyprus.
- Sports activities compensation.
- Extensive learning opportunities.
- Flexible public holidays.
- 100% payment of Annual leave.
- Professional Development.
If you would like to learn about relocation opportunities to Cyprus, please contact the dedicated TA Specialist.
Your application will be reviewed further and you will receive an update in due course if you are shortlisted. Due to the high volume of applicants, they are able to contact only shortlisted candidates at this point in time.