Datafold is a data observability platform that helps Data teams move faster and with higher confidence by automating data quality analysis, monitoring, and common repetitive tasks in data engineering workflow. It’s a category-defining product in a rapidly growing data domain.
The product has been rapidly evolving and is already regularly used by over 100 data professionals from companies including Patreon and Thumbtack.
- Datafold is a highly technical team with deep expertise in the Data domain: their founders built real-time telemetry systems and scaled some of the world’s largest data platforms at Autodesk and Lyft. The company is backed by top-tier investors including YCombinator & NEA.
- Now is a unique time to join their team since, on the one hand, they already have great momentum behind them: product, customers, investors, funding – but on the other hand, there is so much ahead and so many opportunities for the early team members to shape our product and culture.
- Since the very beginning, their team has been remote & working from multiple continents and time zones. They value strong work ethics, honesty, and a growth mindset and are looking for mature and well-organized professionals who are excited about building a new and innovative product that will redefine how organizations use data.
- Their major challenge in the UX and design is how to simplify the incredibly complex data ecosystems. For example, helping our users discover the needed dataset among 10,000+ that exist in their organization, or tracing the origins of particular data fields to ensure confirm quality. To solve these problems, we utilize advanced data visualizations and creatively adopt effective design patterns.
- They are looking for an experienced design partner who will lead the user experience research, establish the design principles & guidelines to make their users work a delightful experience.
What you will do
- Design delightful and effective user experiences.
- Develop deep empathy for our customers and use research to inform design decisions.
- Partner closely with founders – CEO (Product) and CTO (Engineering) to define the product direction.
- Collaborate with Engineering, Customer Success & Marketing to implement the best product experience.
- Influence our brand identity.
- You love tackling ambiguous, messy problems and simplifying complexity.
- You appreciate great tools and have an eye for awesome UX.
- You have experience in designing tools in the creativity, development or data domains.
- Are comfortable working in a remote, collaborative environment.
- Are opinionated yet humble and believe in making evidence-based (driven by analytics & user feedback) decisions.
- English is a must (Advanced level).
Кристина Зворыкина Lead Technical Recruiter