B2 — Upper-IntermediateB2 — Upper-Intermediate
EyeQ is a dynamic, small, and growing profitable technology company based in Calgary, AB Canada. A leader in remote-first, our diverse team of 20 is located around the world. We’re recognized as a world leader in the digital imaging industry where we license our automatic photo correction technology to businesses around the world. We license enterprise-level software/SDK packages that bring cost savings, time efficiencies, and increased revenue streams to our customers.
We’re looking for a motivated, self-driven Technical Project Manager to help our growing engineering and product management teams deliver successful solutions on time and to spec. You will work closely with software engineers, product managers and QA for various software development projects, including desktop software applications, SDK and command-line tools, web applications, and R&D projects.
We are looking for candidates who have already relocated from Russia.
- Manage “specs to tasks” process — ensure a clear task exists for each product requirement so engineers know what to build and QA knows how to test: build Jira Epics, Releases, Tasks and sub-tasks; manage transitions to Backlog to “ready for dev”.
- Ensure engineering tasks cover the entire work required to deliver the solution. There is always engineering work that is not reflected in a specific customer-facing spec (enabling a 3rd party library to be installed and run in our desktop products, for example), so this person needs to ensure the engineering tasks are as complete as possible in describing the full scope of work.
- Manage specs & task changes — discussions, improvements, compromises and other changes to first-draft specs always occur. When these happen, we need to reach consensus about exact details of the changes, then update both specs and tasks to reflect the final decisions.
- Assist QA team in writing test cases and tasks to cover all new functionality.
- Gather bugs and feedback from internal and external testers and users during the project delivery process, log in Jira and assist in prioritizing and validating the feedback, and adjusting specs or engineering tasks to address each issue.
- Manage code review, change stacking, and test build process. Many engineers will submit many related and unrelated code changes for a given project. These need to be ‘stacked’ in Git in a way that produces a build that is ready for QA to test.
- Mange release candidate build process, including internal communication and access to test builds, release notes for each RC build.
- Manage final production QA acceptance and build process.
- 3+ years of experience in a similar role.
- Excellent organizational skills and experience managing multiple projects.
- High competence in Jira.
- Working knowledge of Git, comfortable with command-line Git usage for Pull, Push, rebasing, etc.
- Code writing is not required, but functionally reading code is a big plus.
- Comfortable working directly with designers, marketing, sales, engineers and QA.
- Strong understanding of coding/testing processes.
EyeQ is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential job functions.
Арина Каргина Technical Recruiter